Author Topic: Crafts, foods, games, arts, activities, etc.  (Read 1426 times)

Crafts, foods, games, arts, activities, etc.
« on: October 19, 2014, 11:59:04 AM »

Jeff_H

• HHH Member
  • Loyal Guest
    • View Profile
Hello All,

I'm very curious about any good parenting activities that other Heathens do. We sometimes host mini (30-minute) art competitions in my household and sometimes work with clay. My older daughters are talented seemstresses and we sometimes work together when making outfits, however, this leaves out my younger 2 daughters. We've tried to stamp leather scraps and a belt, which was a reasonable amount of time to spend with my younger 2, but unfortunately it did not inspire them much.

Stinson recently suggested making a rune decoder wheel that he combined with a scavenger hunt, which I'm looking forward to trying.

Does anybody else have any good family-oriented activities that are easily adaptable to kids and adults?

Thanks,

Jeff H.
"Show me a thoroughly satisfied [person] and I will show you a failure" - Thomas Edison

Re: Crafts, foods, games, arts, activities, etc.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 02:34:46 PM »

Teutonicus

• Frequent Guest
  • Tyrsman
    • View Profile
Have you considered Hvetevefting (wheat weaving)? It can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be and it's seasonally appropriate right now. It's an ancient folk craft and something anyone can do regardless of age.

Re: Crafts, foods, games, arts, activities, etc.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 07:58:28 AM »

Jeff_H

• HHH Member
  • Loyal Guest
    • View Profile
Thanks for the idea, I looked up a good YouTube video & that's pretty cool - much neater than I initially image. We have some fields near us... I'll have to see if we can snag some & try it.

Jeff_H
"Show me a thoroughly satisfied [person] and I will show you a failure" - Thomas Edison